Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November 4, 2008. 6:15 AM (Update: 7:30 AM)

The GTL has discharged his civic duty. I voted this AM at 7:05 EDT. A cheerful and uplifting experience. Short lines, neighbors around me.

The optical scanning machine had failed and all the ballots were being stored in the locked portion of the machine itself until a replacement arrived. I was told they would be scanned in en masse shortly by the supervisor.

Several bored police officers sitting at tables or talking quietly with voters, no drama. A bustling bake sale by the kids in the school where the voting took place.

My hardest voting decision was whether or not to buy a donut (I didn't).

I will probably be in media blackout all day. Post comments on your voting experiences and we'll be back tomorrow.

Good luck, America. We love you.

See you on the other side.

No comments: